Thursday, February 2, 2012

inked


today i would like to talk about tattoos. i know that many people are cautious about getting tattoos due to their permanency, but i have come to believe that they are reminders of who you were at a given point in your life. i prefer more subtly placed ones myself, but i can't say i haven't been tempted at one time or another to get a half-sleeve on my arm. i have one tattoo so far (on my side) that i got on my 21st birthday of little bird silhouettes, inspired by matthew 6:26 in the bible, reminding me that everything will be alright.

i have been wanting a second and have been looking for some inspiration on tattoologist. here are some tattoos that have inspired me with content and placement. 






all images via tattoologist

do you like tattoos? do you have any? i would love to hear what they are and their meaning. 

2 comments:

  1. especially love freja beha's tattoos <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right about how tattoos are a reminder of who we were. I have been wanting to get a tattoo of the Andean cross for some time now, but I'm going to wait until it feels right before I do get it done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...