Monday, January 16, 2012

my top ten picks: golden globes dresses 2012

Did you catch the Golden Globes? Unfortunately, I was unfamiliar with many of the shows and such, so the actual awards did not interest me themselves. As always during awards season, however, I did have fun looking at all of the lovely ladies and handsome gentlemen, choosing my favorite dresses and looks, and seeing the best and worst dressed according to various sources. It is always funny to me how someone who is the "worst dressed" will show up on a different "best dressed" list. 

As far as trends go, several things caught my eye. Of course, the sequins that have been all the rage made quite a showing, which is just fine by me. Many of the ladies were also dressed in nude shades. I was happy to also see the animal prints and feathers, as that is precisely what I have fancied lately. Another trend I was pleased to see was the sexy open backs competing with necklines. Overall, it was a very understated sort of glamour, which is very refreshing for me to see, as big poofy ballgowns have never really been my thing.

Here are my top 10 picks. The criteria was basically just what I would really want to wear, should I ever go to the Golden Globes. Who would be your pick for best dressed?

10. Reese Witherspoon- Zac Posen

9. Julie Bowen- Reem Acra
8. Evan Rachel Wood- Gucci


7. Jessica Chastain- Givenchy

6. Diane Lane- Dolce and Gabbana

5. Salma Hayek- Gucci


4. Emma Stone- Lanvin
3. Claire Danes- J. Mendel
2. Michelle Williams
1. Angelina Jolie- Versace


The biggest disappointment for me was Zooey Deschanel's dress (and bouffant), since I usually agree wholeheartedly with her fashion choices.

Images were found here and here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a great roundup! I love Claire Danes outfit! It is so different, and Angelina Jolie's seems very her. I missed the GG as they were not played in France - so thanks for filling me in :) the fashion is what I love.

    xx
    pearl
    http://laperleaparis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second one is sooo gorgeous!

    www.superclementina.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen a lot of these pictures, and I must say... everyone looks so amazing! Glad you put Reese first, because her dress is my favorite!

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica Chastain is so classically beautiful. Love her! Agree, Zooey's bouffant was insane.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...