Friday, February 17, 2012

designer taste, student budget

As much as I would like to pretend that I am living the dream here in LA and romping around in Louboutins and wearing Prada sunglasses, I must admit that I am not. I am a student paying $50,000 a year for my education and living expenses. However, I am still a great admirer of fashion, and have been wanting a Chanel bag for a while now. No matter how hard I try, I cannot think of any way to justify spending $2,500 on a purse at this point in my life.

I considered going to the fashion district in LA to buy a knock-off. Many issues arose with this consideration, including the law, and looking like an impostor. What is worse, trying to look like you can afford Chanel and being discovered sooner or later, or simply admitting that you like the style but can't afford it? I choose the latter.

I was excited to have found a similar bag on Asos for 1/100th of the price. It is still chic, and I think it will satisfy my craving just fine.

real Chanel flap bag- $2,500





Asos- $28.65




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...